Currently, iOS 14 is available with three version. iOS 14 is one of Apple’s biggest iOS updates to date, introducing Home screen design changes, major new features, updates for existing apps, Siri improvements, and many other tweaks that streamline the iOS interface.
Apple released iOS 14.3
Apple has launched the official version of iOS 14.3. This update adds Apple Fitness + and ProRAW photo format to the iPhone 12 Pro, supporting for new AirPods Max headphones.
- New workout experience for Apple Watch with indoor workout activities, available on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV (Apple Watch Series 3 or later).
- Fitness app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV to find Fitness + activities and adjust training suggestions yourself.
- New training videos will be added weekly.
- Playlists will be created by Fitness + trainers.
- Fitness + will be available in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK and the US.
New AirPods Max headset support
- Realistic and rich sound.
- Adaptive EQ adjusts the sound in real time
- Enable Noise Cancellation to block out noisy environments.
- Transparency mode to hear the surrounding sounds.
- Spatial audio with head motion tracking for a cinema-like experience.
- Apple ProRAW can be captured on iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- Apple ProRAW photos can be edited in the Photos app.
- Video recording option at 25 fps.
- Front cam is reversed on older iPhones.
The new privacy info section on the App Store includes an app developer report on what permissions app will request access to.
- A new Apple TV + tab will make it easier to find and watch movies.
- Advanced search to be able to search by category, view previous searches and content suggestions.
- The first search result is the best match.
Support opening App Clips by designing the App Clip code via Camera or from Control Center.
- Search for Ecosia in Safari.
- The update also addresses some of the following issues:
- Some MMS messages cannot be sent.
- Contact groups cannot show which members are composing the message.
- Some videos do not display properly when shared in the Photos app.
- Some application folders cannot be opened.
- Unable to open apps from Spotlight search.
- Bluetooth is not in Settings.
- MagSafe Duo Charger can wirelessly charge your iPhone with maximum power.
- Wireless accessories that use the WAC protocol may not install.
- The keyboard disappears when adding lists in Reminders with VoiceOver.
Apple released iOS version 14.2.1 exclusively for the iPhone 12
Apple has released the public 14.2.1 today, fixing basic errors such as MMS messages, audio-visual devices, lock screen responses on the iPhone 12 mini. Here are the full details of the iOS 14.2.1 update.
In fact, iOS 14.2.1 is only available on iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
iOS 14.2.1 addresses some of the issues that iPhone 12 users have reported. Massive iPhone 12 users have reported missing messages issue on group chat conversations, improved MMS messages in iOS 14.2.1 should fix the issue.
iOS 14.2.1 also fixes the problem that occurs quite often for the audio devices connected to the iPhone 12. Apple says that these problems occur because of the sound quality when listening on the iPhone.
Finally, iOS 14.2.1 solves the lock screen touch problem, especially the iPhone 12 mini.
Below are notes on the issues that have been fixed on iOS 14.2.1, which is only available on iPhone 12 phones, other iPhone models don’t have:
- Some MMS messages are not received.
- Addresses the sound quality issue when listening with external devices on iPhone.
- Resolves an unresponsive screen issue on iPhone 12 mini.
iOS 14.2.1 has been released to all iPhone 12 users, you can go to Settings> Software Update and upgrade the system as you normally would.
Apple released iOS version 14.2
Apple has released the official iOS 14.2, with iPadOS 14.2, tvOS 14.2 and watchOS 7.1 versions also available.
What’s new in iOS 14.2?
This is probably the updated version with a lot of new features that iPhone users are expecting.
- Control Center adds a Shazam button. You will have to add Music Recognition feature to Control Center via Settings> Control Center, then just press you can perform background song recognition function. You’ll receive a recognized music notification, which can be easily added to Apple Music.
- Add some music player controls in Control Center, including a content hint if you expand Now Playing when you’re not playing music.
- Releasing new emoji in iOS and iPadOS 14.2 starting with Beta 2.
- Magnifier feature detects the person in sight and estimates the distance from them to you.
- Adds support for MagSafe leather cases.
- Add a notification if the music is too loud.
- Adding HomePod to the default audio output for Apple TV 4K for stereo and surround sound.
- Optimize charging time for AirPods to extend usage time.
- Added 8 new wallpapers with both versions of light and dark mode.
In addition to these new features, iOS 14.2 has fixed a small number of bugs that are annoying for users.
- Apple also fixes the following:
- Apps are not in the correct order in the Dock of the home screen.
- The camera viewfinder goes black when starting the application.
- Reminders in the Reminders app is reset by default.
- The photo widget does not show content.
- The weather widget only shows degrees Celsius even though it has turned Fahrenheit.
- The Weather app’s precipitation graphs could incorrectly report when the rain stops.
- Voice Memos was interrupted by incoming call.
- The screen goes black when playing Netflix video.
- Apple Cash cannot receive and send money via Siri.
- The Apple Watch app closes unexpectedly while it is running.
- GPS route sync error, Health app data between Apple Watch and iPhone.
- “Not playing” sound error on CarPlay.
- The device does not accept wireless charging.
- Exposure Notifications is disable when restoring iPhone from iCloud Backup or transferring data to a new iPhone using the iPhone Migration app.
Is iOS 14.2 draining your battery?
The results, gathered by running the Geekbench battery test app, comparing the battery performance while running iOS 14 and iOS 13 that have been summarized in a very understandable graph at the end of the video above. It’s basically like this: without any huge increase or decrease in battery life, almost everything is normal. So, iOS 14.2 never drains the battery, so please rest assured to install it.